ECG Founder Awarded Missouri Honor Medal as Pioneer Executive Coach
The University of Missouri School of Journalism has announced eight recipients of the prestigious Missouri Honor Medal for Distinguished Service in Journalism. We are proud to announce that ECG’s founder and University of Missouri graduate Trisha D. Scudder is one of the honorees.
The seven notable individuals and one news outlet will receive their medals during a banquet Tuesday Oct. 16 on the University of Missouricampus in Columbia.
Medalists are selected by the faculty of the School of Journalism based on lifetime or superior achievement in journalism and communications. Trisha was selected for being a pioneer in the field of executive coaching and her study of the relationship between language and leadership.
The School of Journalism has awarded the Missouri Honor Medal for Distinguished Service in Journalism annually since 1930 to outstanding journalists, advertising and public relations practitioners, business people, institutions and media organizations from around the world. Among them are Christiane Amanpour, Sir Winston Churchill, Gloria Steinem and Gordon Parks.
As part of the two-day event, Trisha will deliver a master class for students of the “J” School’s Novak Leadership Institute on the topic Committed Speaking: Language of Leaders. The Novak Leadership Institute was founded in 2017, endowed by the family of David Novak, Journalism School graduate and co-founder / former CEO of Yum Brands.
The 2018 honorees are listed below, and you can learn more about them here.
- Fortuna Calvo-Roth: A journalist, professor, author, businesswoman, actress and philanthropist.
- Vita M. Harris: chief strategy officer, FCB Global
- Peter Hessler: Writer of narrative nonfiction and book author
- IndyStar Investigative Team
- Kevin Merida: Senior vice president at ESPN and editor in chief of The Undefeated
- Joel Sartore: Photographer, speaker, author, teacher, conservationist, National Geographic Fellow
- Trisha D. Scudder: Pioneer in executive coaching
- S.K. Witcher: Former deputy Asia editor of The New York Times and news editor of the International Edition of The New York Times in Hong Kong